Today I am going to share how I take a bound Kikki K diary and put it into my Filofax. I’ve seen a few people ask about how to do this – so I thought I’d share how I do it.
Often I see beautiful bound diaries and their professional printed colour pages and my dedication to Filofax/binder style diaries with home printed inserts wains. I love custom planner pages and I love decorating – most days.
Kikki k do some of my favourite planners and they have a great range in the A5 size. So I have been known to cut them up and fit them into my Filofax.
- Bound Diary
- Cutting mat
- Hole punch
1. Find a beautiful bound diary that is the same size as your planner. I found this ‘Why Not?’ one from Kikki K marked down to $5. It is a 2015 version and its already June.
2. Have a look at the top/bottom of your bound diary. You’ll see they are sections.
3. Find the center of your first section. You’ll see the binding showing through.
4. Take a knife and cut the string that binds that section. You’ll need to cut them all.
5. Lift the pages out of the planner. You’ll notice that the outer page in the section is glued down. This is ok, leave it in there for now.
6. Once you have removed all the sections, go back to your book and take your ruler and knife and cut each of the glued pages as close to the spine as possible.
7. Take each of your section spreads and cut them in half.
8. Reorder your pages, they may have gotten messed up during the deconstruction phase.
9. Punch the correct holes in your pages to suit your Filofax/binder. I still use a single punch (I haven’t purchased a 6-hole punch yet) and use my Filofax ‘Today’ ruler as my guide. (When lining your pages up for punching, make sure they are lined up from the outer edge of the page. As I lost a few mm’s from the glued pages, this gives a neater finish once the pages are punched, with all the outer edges lining up)
10. Add the pages to your Filofax and enjoy!